High-Pressure Filter Press Application in Dewatering Sand Washing Sludge
The wastewater from the sand washing field needs to be treated and discharged. This article will describe the application of a high-pressure filter press in the treatment of sand-washing field sludge and its advantages in this respect.
Introduction to sand-washing plant
In the production process of sand-making plants and sand-washing fields, a large amount of muddy wastewater is often produced. The muddy water mainly has the characteristics of high concentration, high viscosity, and fine particles. As the country pays more and more attention to environmental protection, strict supervision has been adopted on the phenomenon of random discharge and dumping of wastewater. According to the mud content, mud quality, production requirements, and site layout of the sand and gravel in the project, the use of suitable equipment will improve the efficiency of sand washing, reduce production costs, and realize zero discharge of wastewater and resource utilization of waste residue.
Introduction of High-Pressure Filter Press: In view of the characteristics of wastewater and requirements of the filter cake from the stone industry(marble, granite, etc.), kaol...
The working process of high-pressure filter press applicate in sand washing:
- Feeding the Sludge: The sand-washing sludge is pumped into the filter press.
- Filtration: As the sludge is pumped in, it gets spread out through a series of filter plates covered with filter cloths. Under high pressure, the water in the sludge is forced out through the filter cloths, leaving behind the solid particles.
- Solid Cake Formation: Under high pressure, the water and smaller impurities are forced through the filter medium, leaving the sand behind. The pressure compacts the sand, forming solid “cakes” of sand in each chamber.
- Cake Release: After reaching the desired level of dryness, the press is opened, and the solid cakes are removed.
- Washing (If Needed): If further washing is needed to remove impurities from the sand cakes, clean water or another washing liquid can be introduced. Then, the wash water, along with impurities, is forced out of the filter press in the same way as the initial slurry water.
Key benefits of high-pressure filter press applicate in sand washing sludge dewatering:
- Professional and targeted design, which integrates the whole process of sand washing, sand making, and wastewater treatment, and can be configured with a centralized control system to realize intelligence and automation. Real-time monitoring and operation of all equipment and production processes reduces labor costs and management costs and improves production efficiency and production quality.
- Zero discharge of wastewater, clean water recycling, in line with environmental protection requirements.
- The sludge reduction is maximized, and the solid recovery rate is as high as 99%, which can be used as resources in ceramic raw materials, brick making, roadbeds, etc.
- Low operating cost, using high-pressure rapid pressing technology, shortening the production cycle, reducing production costs, and also solving the problem of low sand washing efficiency while reducing energy consumption by 40% and cost by 50%.
- With high dryness and high production capacity, the waste residue can be squeezed to a moisture content of less than 30%, as low as 15%, which is 10 points lower than ordinary box filter presses and 15 points lower than belt filter presses.