Introduction of the Laboratory Filter Press:
The laboratory filter press is a specialized device used in scientific and research laboratories for small-scale solid-liquid separation processes, mainly used for the separation, filtration, and purification of various solutions and mixtures in the laboratory. It is designed to mimic the operation of larger industrial filter presses but on a smaller scale, making it ideal for laboratory testing, process development, and quality control applications.
The material of the lab filter press is usually PP or stainless steel. For different filtering materials and processing capacities, we can customize the size of the filter press accordingly.
Reasons why chose stainless steel for the lab filter press:
1. The material of the SS is 304 / 316L; it has good performance at corrosion and a long lifetime. The filter plates are thread-like structures and can use different filter elements (microporous membrane, filter paper, filter cloth, clarifying boards, etc.)depending on the situation of different clients. The seal uses silicone or Viton (acid and alkali-resistant) to get a better sealing result.
2. The laboratory filter press is equipped with a microporous filter membrane and is the best filtration equipment for activated carbon filtration in chemical, pharmaceutical, food, and other industries. It ensures no carbon loss at all, large capacity, and easy installation and disassembly.
3. It can achieve primary filtering and fine filtering.
4. The feeding pump and feed system are easy to connect and disassemble.
5. The stainless steel makes it good-looking and builds a good working environment. It is especially suitable for laboratory and research.
Laboratory Filter Press Working Principle:
The primary purpose of a laboratory filter press is to separate solids from liquids by applying pressure and using filter media. The laboratory filter press operates on the principle of using pressure to force the liquid through the filter media while retaining the solids as a filter cake. The pressurized fluid is directed into the filter press system and distributed evenly across the filter plates. The pressure is gradually increased to promote efficient filtration and cake formation.
|Model||Plates Quantity||Filter Area(m2)||Plate Size(m2)||Filtering Pressure Mpa||Flow Rate T/H||Power(kw)||Size (mm)|
1. It is small in size with wheels for you to move it.
2. It’s an All-in-One design; it’s integrated with a closing device, a feed pump, valves and pipes, a cake tray, etc. You don’t need to do any installation. It’s ready to work.
3. It’s clad in stainless steel and easy to clean.